Toss the confetti folks– this is my 100th post on Beautifully Bohemian! Woo hoo! After beginning my blog at the end of 2011, I’m proud to say I’m still trucking and providing you all with love, inspiration, and solutions! Yay!
So today I want to share with you one of my FAVORITE recipes- my gluten-free vegan banana bread! My family started to experiment with gluten-free cooking last summer, and I can honestly say some things turned out better than others. When it comes to gluten-free baking, I’ve found that bananas really do the trick- they add not only a great flavor but make cakes and muffins extra moist.
I’ve made a LOT of loaves of banana bread in my life, typically because I’ll realize that I forgot about a bunch of bananas, and they are swiftly going bad! My Grandma used to say that when a banana went black, it was perfect for bread bakin’. So, if my bananas are past the eat-on-your-own-stage, I’ll let them sit an extra day so I can bake my bread the old-fashioned way. Grandma, every time I bake this, I think of you…
After baking a million and one banana breads in my life, I finally was able to come up with my favorite!
I know what you are thinking, “Shut up and get to the bread already!”
Okay, okay, chill. Here we go:
The BEST Banana Bread EVA
- 1 C All-purpose gluten-free flour (Bobs Red Mill)
- 1 C Oat flour (Bobs Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free!)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (or cacao)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ C organic sugar
- ½ C pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with ⅓ C water
- 3-4 medium bananas, mashed
- ⅓ C natural peanut butter (no added sugars)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with electric beaters until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into a (coconut oil) greased baking dish (I use a 10-inch oval).
- Bake at 375° for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If you are baking muffins, decrease the cook time to about 20-25 minutes.
- For extra chocolate, add ½ C vegan chocolate chips!
Do you bake anything in memory of a loved one?
Thank for sharing with Pin Worthy Wednesday I love banana bread
I have some friends who need to eat gluten free, so this would be a great option when I cook for them. Thanks!
You’re so welcome! It’s a great bread to make:) Thanks for stopping by!
Awesome! Thank you for sharing this healthy and delicious GF Vegan Banana Bread recipe with us at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop! I’m pinning and sharing. I can’t wait to see what you share with us next!
You are so welcome! Thanks for sharing!
Eva @ Kidminds
Delicious! I’ll be giving this a try! I already have all the ingredients.
Fantastic! I love it when I just so happen to have everything I need for a new recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Oats are gluten-free. The problem is contamination from commercial processing facilities that also process wheat, barley, and rye. Here in CA you can find oats, labeled gluten-free, in the bluk section at Winco and some health food stores. The gluten-free label means the oats were processed away from other grains.
I noticed the recipe contained Oats….Oats arent gluten free (unless you used gf oats…tho theyre rare) Looks good tho!
Yes that’s true for oats- but the recipe calls for “Bobs Red Mill Oat Flour”, which is gluten free and a great option for alternative flour:)