These EASY vegan chocolate cashew clusters are so simple, they take only 4 ingredients + 5 minutes to make! Packed with rich chocolate, fresh cashews, and a hint of salt, these clusters make the perfect holiday treat. Pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes and you’re good to go!
Sometimes you feel like a nut
The holidays can be like a cluster of craziness. I remember my FIRST (and only) Black Friday shopping experience, which reminds me of how nutty the season can truly be. Normally, I resist such temptations, because holidays should be about family and extra servings of pumpkin pie.
But pulling on my favorite pants Thanksgiving morning also reminded me that a new pair would be a wise investment– the hem on this thrift store find wasn’t going to last much longer. Honestly, I’m surprised they didn’t split right open when I was rushing around the kitchen or playing a game of hot Tetris while rearranging casserole dishes in the oven.
Friday morning, I was flying down the highway with my daughter for a “quick outing”. This was a necessity, after all. I relished in this decision as we walked through the front doors and saw an alluring stack of winter pants (with lining people!).
We made our selection, tried them on, and speed-walked our way to the front of the store to checkout. And that’s when I saw the insanity that was the line.
For the next 45 minutes, we took baby steps through a maze of displays to reach the cash register finish line. This was pure torture, because my brain was no match for the bait they set along the way: cozy mittens, knitted beanies, and cute adorable socks printed with avocados. It reminded me that a deal, no matter how good, always has a secret price.
Point is, sometimes you feel like a nut, and sometimes you don’t.
- Vegan chocolate chips. Look for Enjoy Life brand or accidently vegan chocolate chips. I find that most semi-sweet chocolate chips do not contain dairy.
- Cashews. You can use unsalted or lightly salted.
- Coconut oil. I use unrefined, which gives these cashew clusters a hint of coconut flavor. However, refined will also work here too.
- Vanilla extract. Optional, but I prefer vanilla.
How to make vegan chocolate cashew clusters
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a small saucepan. Heat on LOW until chips and coconut oil are completely melted. You can also use the double boiler method, if preferred. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped cashews and vanilla extract. Let cool for 1 minute– this helps the mixture thicken up a touch.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Size is up to you, but I aim to make 15.
- Pop in the freezer for 15 minutes until solid. Keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, although I bet they don’t last that long!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can keep your clusters stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months. I do not recommend keeping them on the counter at room temperature, since these contain coconut oil, and they will melt in warm temperatures.
Of course! Optional add-ins include pretzel pieces, mini vegan marshmallows, or other nuts like peanuts or almonds.
No, although I find that it’s much easier to melt your chocolate and keep the consistency right. Melting chocolate on its own can be tricky– if any steam gets into your chocolate it can cause clumping and create a big old mess. That’s why I recommend using coconut oil; it not only helps with texture but adds a nice flavor too. If you really can’t do coconut, try substituting with vegan butter.
- These holiday cashew clusters are 100% vegan, meaning they are dairy-free and egg-free. They are also naturally gluten-free and soy-free when using Enjoy Life chocolate chips.
More vegan chocolate recipes:
- Simple Dairy Free Fudge
- Almond Joy Vegan Brownies
- Easiest Ever Chocolate Pie
- Specialty Dark Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
EASY Vegan Chocolate Cashew Clusters
- Using the double boiler method, melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a small saucepan until chips and coconut oil is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped cashews and vanilla. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 15 minutes until solid.
Thank you for taking the time to invest in your health and happiness!
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:10